Please note that the COAP Fund is currently not accepting applications. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
You must be able to answer “yes” to all the questions below to be eligible to apply for reimbursement from the COAP Fund.
- Are you a Columbia faculty or staff member, postdoc, or currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate student?
- Are you applying for funds to help underwrite article-processing charges related to publishing your peer-reviewed scholarly article in an open-access journal?
- Are you publishing in an open-access journal that provides unfettered access to all peer-reviewed articles; has publicly available a standard article fee schedule; is a member of the Open Access Publishers Association OR adheres to its Code of Conduct; and has a policy to waive fees in cases of economic hardship?
- Can you confirm that you do not have any other source of funding to cover article-processing fees?
- Was your article accepted for publication after January 1, 2010?
The COAP Fund will only reimburse individuals who can provide an invoice from the publisher and proof of payment. [Please note: COAP Fund policy has changed and we can no longer reimburse departmental accounts.]
To request reimbursement, please submit the following.
1. Invoice from the publisher. Acceptable formats include emails and PDFs.
2. Proof of payment. Acceptable proofs of payment from individual’s accounts are:
- Canceled check (or copy of both the front and back of a canceled check)
- Credit card receipt (original required)
- Credit card statement
3. Reimbursement forms. These are:
- W-9 form [Please note that this is not needed if you are currently employed by CU.]
You may email the filled-out and signed documents to email@example.com. You can also fax documents to 212-854-9099, attn: Nicole or mail them to::COAP Fund CDRS Mail Code 3301 201 Lehman Library International Affairs Building 420 West 118th Street New York, NY 10027
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.